What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is the disease of the joints that can cause inflammation or pain in one or more joints. It is a joint disorder for which symptoms may develop slowly or suddenly. It is seen commonly among people, especially women and older people. There are more than 100 types of arthritis.
What are the early signs of arthritis?
Arthritis can occur in any age. Your body will show symptoms in early ages. But many of the people do not suspect it as arthritis and will not consult a physician. Symptoms will progress by age and arthritis may spread in other parts of the body. Treatments can be started earlier with the early detection and diagnosis of the diseases. Proper treatments can manage in disease in its early stage.
Some of the early symptoms of arthritis include:
- Joint pain – pain in one or more joints
- Swelling in joints
- Joint pain, in fingers, knees etc, during any day to day activities
- Fever with pain in the joints
- Weight loss etc.
Which are the common types of arthritis?
Most common types of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis usually comes with age
- It is a degenerative joint disease
- It mostly affects fingers, knees and hips
- Joint pain, stiffness and swelling are some of the common symptoms of osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis is caused when the body’s immune system doesn’t work properly.
- It is an autoimmune disease.
- Pain in joints, warmth, stiffness and swelling are some common symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
- It can affect people of all ages.
What are the preventive measures to avoid arthritis?
Prevention of arthritis can reduce the risk of the disease. Some methods of prevention of arthritis are:
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Exercise regularly
- Eat food rich in calcium
- Have a healthy diet
- Quit smoking
- Reduce the consumption of alcohol
What are the treatment options of arthritis?
Treatment of arthritis involve reducing or eliminating the pain, preventing more joints from affecting the disease, betterment of the disease etc. Arthritis is treated according to your disease and symptoms. Many drugs are available for the treatment of arthritis. In advanced stages, arthritis surgeries and joint replacements are also done. Early diagnosis of the disease helps in the treatment to be more effective.
Digital Marketer, Mumpreneur, Blogger and Business Coach.