Arthritis is a form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints. It is usually accompanied by pain, swelling, stiffness, resulted from infection, trauma, degenerative changes, metabolic disturbances, or other causes. It occurs in various forms, such as bacterial arthritis, osteoarthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis.
There are over 100 different forms of arthritis. Some of the common ones are osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and related autoimmune diseases. Patients suffering from Arthritis usually complaint of constant joint pains.
Arthritis affects the movements you rely on for everyday activities. Arthritis is usually chronic. This means that it can last on and off for a lifetime.
It is normally diagnosed by the clinical examination from an appropriate health professional. It may also be supported by other tests such as radiology and blood tests. The test to undergo depends upon the type of suspected arthritis.
Causes of Arthritis
- Damage to the joint from disease
- Daily wear and tear of joint
- Muscle strains caused by forceful movements against stiff, painful joints
Symptoms of Arthritis
- Inability to use the hand or walk
- Malaise and a feeling of tiredness
- Weight loss
- Poor sleep
- Muscle aches and pains
- Difficulty moving the joint
Prevention of Arthritis
- If you have repetitive strain on muscles and joint, don’t ignore the signs and see a physician
- If the pain is coming due to your occupation, for example siiting for long hours on computer can be one cause of paining hand joint, opt for exercises that you should consider while working
- Weight Loss
- Proper Exercise / Yoga
- Dehydration can be another reason for your joint pains. Drink enough water every day inorder to avoid this condition.
- Eating balanced diet
- Various supplements are available which helps to overcome the risk of Arthritis. Consult a physician to know more about them.
Treatment of Arthritis
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy that maintains joint mobility and range of motion
- Lifestyle changes including exercise and weight control
- Orthopedic Bracing
- Natural Supplements as directed by a physician as per the type of Arthritis
- Necessary Medication as directed by a physician
Digital Marketer, Mumpreneur, Blogger and Business Coach.