Cold is a common problem nowadays, can be triggered by change in weather. It is mostly seen in small kids, old people, and people with low immunity. Cold is a kind of disease which can be cured in 1 or 2 days or can even last longer for weeks.
Causes of Cold:
- Change of Weather
- Low Immunity
- Cold is a communicable disease and can spread through contact.
Symptoms of Cold:
- Red Eyes
- Watering Nose
- Slight Fever
Prevention of Cold:
- Work on your immunity. Eat healthy diet and consult your doctor for any supplementary medicine in case your immunity is too weak.
- If you face cold quite often, consult and discuss this with your doctor to ensure its not something else.
- Maintain your body temperature.
Treatment and Cure of Cold:
- Drink a lot of hot liquids to ensure your body stays warm even in the cold weather. You can drink tea, warm liquids, or any soup.
- Keep yourself hydrated.
- Rest as required.
- In case of sore throat, gargle with warm water. You can even add some salt to it to feel better.
Precautions while you have cold:
- Avoid antibiotics if not recommended by doctor. You should never take antibiotics on your own.
- Cold can be treated on its own. Take medicines only when you are quite uncomfortable with the symptoms.
- Avoid too many pain killers.
- Avoid medicines with side-effects.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Use tissue paper when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep your surroundings clean.
- Don’t share your towel or clothes when you have clothes.
- Consult a doctor in case of severe cold, especially for old people and infants.
When to visit a Doctor?
- You need to visit a doctor if these remedies do not make you feel better in maximum of 2 days.
- You must visit a doctor in case of people with low immunity like infants, old people and people with some ongoing diseases.
- Cold and cough for longer period can be the symptom of tuberculosis. Consult a doctor in this case.