Can exercise prevent cancer?
Yes, it does. A physically fit person has high immunity which in turns reduces their risk of cancer. To be physically fit, you need to:
1. Maintain a healthy weight: Check your BMI. If you feel you are high on weight side, its time to reduce your weight and ensure you have the healthy weight. Heavy weight leads to lot of other health problems which in turn invites cancer.
2. Ensure you are not obese: Obesity is a cause of many major problems. Ensure that you try to keep fit always. Take corrective measures if you know you are obese.
3. Regular Exercise: At least 30 minutes of exercise every day is must to keep your healthy and fit. A physically active person has a high immunity and his/her body is fit to avoid many problems including cancer.
Which diet helps prevent cancer?
1. Eating fruits and vegetables: Food from plants are a high source of immunity builder. These foods including your fruits and vegetables should be a part of your diet everyday.
2. Don’t eat out too often: Avoid eating out too often. Home based food is the best for increasing your immunity. Market food is only satisfying your taste buds and hunger. If you are a foodie who likes to eat out a lot, limit it down as much as you can. If you are outside for a long day, ensure that you carry with you – right salads or sandwiches which takes care of your hunger and you are consuming right thing. You can surely not get hot home food when outside but cold food is better than eating wrong hot.
3. Don’t eat too much of junk: Junk food is another thing which we need to prevent to stay healthy. If you like to snack a lot, keep healthy snacking habits. Add nuts, fruits and salads when snacking. This not only helps you snack but maintain a healthy eating.
4. Eat food which builds up your immunity: Eat right, eat healthy. Eat diet which can boost up your immunity.
Sun-light and Cancer
1. You need at least 15-20 minutes of sunlight every day. This helps in preventing cancer. This sunlight should be ideally morning sunlight before 12 PM.
2. Avoid mid-day sun: Avoid sun-light when it is too strong. Strong sun-light can damage your skin cells and can cause cancer.
3. Use Sun screen lotion: Use sun-screen lotion when stepping out in sun. Sun screen prevents skin to get damaged and avoid the chances of getting cancer.
4. Cover yourself well when in sun light: Another way to stay safe when in strong sun-light. Wear covered clothes that help prevent tanning, use scarf, sun-glasses to avoid sun light damaging your body.
What are the ways to prevent cancer?
1. Go for regular check-ups: One must be go for regular check-ups and tests to ensure that the body is healthy. Consult a doctor to understand what all body profiles one must undergo to ensure keeping themselves on track.
2. Don’t ignore anything unusual: If you are feeling anything unusual in your body which is not what you normally feel, don’t avoid it for long. If the symptom persists, consult a doctor. Many problems if diagnosed at the right time can be treated including cancer.
3. Pay attention for shared needles: Ensure that you are going to a proper health care provider whenever it comes to getting injections etc. Shared needles causes HIV which reduces a person’s immunity and can also cause cancer.
4. Take HPV Vaccination: It is recommended for teenage girls and boys to avoid genital cancer. Consult your doctor to know more about this vaccination.
5. Ensure you have Hepatitis B immunized: Hepatitis B patient is likely to suffer from liver cancer at any stage. To ignore the same, it is important that you have been properly vaccine for this condition. The risk increases if anyone in your family suffer from similar condition in the past. Consult your doctor to know more about this vaccination.
How to avoid cancer?
1. Avoid Tobacco: Tobacco causes cancer. Habits which causes problems like cancer should be avoided as much as possible. In an interview with a cancer patient, he stated, if there is anything in this world that can prevent cancer, then do it because its treatment is painful. We can surely avoid tobacco if it causes cancer. If it is difficult for you to avoid it, then take the help of various organisations which help people overcome such problems.
2. Avoid Alcohol: Alcohol is also not good for health and can cause cancer. Avoid as much as you can. If you can’t avoid it completely, at least try to drink in moderation.
3. Avoid unsafe sex: Avoid unsafe sex which can cause HIV.
4. Avoid red meat or processed meat: Too much of red meat or processed meat can also be a cause of cancer. Avoid or eat moderately.
5. Avoid sugary drinks: Sugary drinks are an immediate source of calories and weight gain. Too much of these drinks increases your weight, reduces you immunity and can take you towards problems like cancer.
6. Avoid too much of salt: Salt is surely good for health but too much of salt is not at all good. Avoid consuming food with too much of salt. These are generally food which are preserved with too much of salt. Avoid such food. This can not only be a cause of cancer but can also cause problems like hypertension, heart attacks etc.
What foods prevent cancer?
1. Add garlic to everything you eat: Garlic adds a good flavour to your vegetables and pulses. Adding garlic to everything you eat also helps your prevent cancer.
2. Carrots: Carrots increases your immunity and is said to prevent cancer in a major way. Include raw carrots in your salads, have carrot soups and juices.
3. Eat Broccoli: Broccoli is again said to prevent cancer. To get most use of it, eat it raw, in salad and soups or steam it. Avoid microwaving it.
4. Add Brazil nuts to your diet: It is again said to help prevent cancer. The cancer cells do not grow if you consume these nuts regularly in your diet.
5. Eat a lot of citrus fruits: These include lemons, oranges etc. These food help increase your immunity and with increased immunity the risk of cancer reduces.
6. Eat blue berries: Blue berries in your diet can also reduce the risk of cancer. They are very high in antioxidant powers which helps prevent cancer.
7. Kiwi fruit: Another great fruit to avoid cancer as it has antioxidant powers, vitamin c, vitamin E.
8. Other food that can help you prevent cancer includes apples, onions, bean sprouts, avocado, cabbage, cherries, dates, ginger, etc. The list is limitless but the most important thing to know is eat anything that is healthy and is natural and which increases your immunity. This also includes all your green vegetables.
Digital Marketer, Mumpreneur, Blogger and Business Coach.