Asthma is a common respiratory disorder. One of the best treatment or prevention of asthma is to find out the causes of your disease and avoid it. There are medicines to control asthma.
Alternative medicines and natural remedies can manage asthma. Natural remedies of asthma can reduce the frequency of asthma attack. Natural remedies are more safer since the use of drugs (modern medicines) can cause side effects.
Holistic Treatment for Asthma
Some of the natural treatments of asthma are:
- Natural remedies like deep breathing exercises can relax your body and mind thereby reducing the stress which is a common trigger of asthma.
- Avoid food that triggers asthma.
- Have a healthy and proper diet.
- Include salads in your diet.
- Avoid situations that causes asthma symptoms.
- Practice relaxation exercises and yoga.
- Have proper rest.
- Eat food which improves your immunity.
Alternative Treatments of Asthma
Alternative treatments of asthma include:
- Herbs – certain herbs or herb extracts or herbal products are used for the treatment of asthma.
- Acupuncture – a traditional Chinese technique using needles.
- Yoga – For body and mind relaxation and breath control.
Home Remedies for Asthma
Natural cure for asthma can be attained by some of the home remedies. Home remedies of asthma can control asthma and its frequency. Some of the home remedies are:
- Ginger – Ginger is antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Have ginger or ginger juice or include ginger in your food.
- Turmeric – The anti-inflammatory property of turmeric can reduce or relieve the inflammation of the airways caused by asthma. Consuming milk mixed with a spoon of turmeric powder daily can reduce the symptoms of asthma.
- Honey – Honey can also reduce the inflammations and it helps you to breathe easier. It can manage the symptoms of asthma. Honey can be used in numerous ways.
- Mustard Oil – Applying warm mustard oil on chest helps to remove the clogs in the respiratory system and makes breathing easier.
- Fruits and Vegetables – Have more fruits and vegetables in your diet and use less non vegetarian food items like meat.
- Fish and Fish Oil – Fish and fish oils are good to treat asthma
Herbs for Asthma
- Herbs are used to treat and control asthma.
- Herbal tea is good for asthma
- Traditional Chinese herbal medicines can control asthma
Some of the herbs used for the treatment of asthma include,
- The herb Picrorhiza kur is used for treatment for asthma.
- The extract of Ginkgo biloba, a herb, is used as an alternative treatment of asthma. It has many side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, allergies, bleeding etc.
- Elecampane, the plant, is used for many lung diseases including asthma.
- Scutellaria baicalensis is a traditional herb used for the treatment of allergic disorders and asthma.
- Astragalus membranaceus, the multifunctional herb is used to treat asthma.
There are advantages and disadvantages of herbal medicines. Though herbal medicines or herbs have no side effect, many of the herbs are not yet clinically proved as the treatment for diseases. The adverse effects or side effects of many of the herbal medicines are still not known.
Holistic and alternative approaches can treat asthma with minimal side effects. But many of the alternative methods have side effects. Talk to your doctor before going for any other treatment options.