What is Swine Flu?
It is a seasonal flu better known as influenza A virus subtype of H1N1. The name swine flu is derived from the first outbreak where it was found that the virus arrives when in contact to a pig.
Symptoms of Swine Flu Fever
- Cold lasting longer
- Sore throat
- Running nose
- Red eyes
- Body ache
Treatments for swine flu
- Adamantanes (amantadine and remantadine).
- Inhibitors of the influenza neuraminidase protein (oseltamivir and zanamivir).
- Most people with swine influenza recover completely without the need for medical attention.
Precautions for the patient of swine flu
- Wash hands regularly
- Plenty of sleep
- Regular exercise
- Manage stress
- Drink liquids
- Eat balanced diet
How can a human catch swine flu?
- Infected pigs- It is a common method it is caused to humans when they come in contact to infected pigs.
- Infected humans- It is seen less often, but is a risk for all humans meeting infected person, and it mainly occurs with closed groups of people.
Who are more likely to get affected?
- Senior citizens
- People with chronic diseases
- Pregnant women
- Anyone with compromised immune system